Next Generation DevOps, 2 December 2015
Supporting a Continuous Delivery Value Chain • Agile • Testing • QA • DevSecOps
We recently attended the Next Generation Devops conference in London organised by Unicom. Our co-founder Matthew Skelton chaired the event and delivered a talk on ‘Un-broken Logging’ [slides]. Another of our consultants, John Clapham, was talking about DevOps team building.
Here is a Twitter-based round-up of what we noted:
- Microsoft is taking a really fresh, open approach to software development with Visual Studio. They’re supporting all kinds of platforms and languages including Android and iOS as well as Node.js. The presenter Giles Davies (of Visual Studio UK team) even presented using a MacBook!
- Interesting panel discussion with Jon Topper, Liz Rice, John Clapham and others on how we can combine tools and culture to promote DevOps:
- Liz Rice gave an interesting talk on containerization and container management & scheduling.
- John’s talk was probably the funniest one of the day, with a nice DevOps Capsules list – compared DevOps with taking a pill
- Matthew Skelton gave a talk on Un-broken Logging – slides are below. The blog post that was mentioned: https://blog.logentries.com/2015/07/ditch-the-debugger-and-use-log-analysis-instead/
- Jon Topper of @ScaleFactory gave a useful overview of ChatOps with Slack, including triggering CI builds directly from Slack
- And perhaps the best quotation:
Some other highlights: